New for 2017
This year, the pressures on nursing continue to be unrelenting. With pay rewards restricted to 1%, limited flexible working, the removal of the bursary potentially reducing student numbers, issues with applications from overseas, and new routes into nursing adding to a complex workforce skills mix, innovative solutions are needed to overcome this challenging environment.
With these challenges in mind and your feedback from previous events, we have added to and developed our programme to feature more of what you need to deliver the best quality of care and be the best deputy nurse leader that you can be. This year we are focusing on:
- More on national priorities – The drive for better integration of services, STPs and New Models of Care will often fall on the shoulders of nurse leaders to implement. Our content will focus on what you need to know, so that your multidisciplinary teams can deliver this change
- More focus on financial efficiencies – Whether savings on recruitment costs through better staff retention or procurement savings on clinical products, our content will focus on the nurse-led opportunities to deliver greater quality and value for patients and the NHS
- More content on inspections – Detailed case studies, a journey to outstanding and hear from the CQC directly
- More interaction – It’s not only the opinion of the speakers on the podium that are valuable, but the experience and expertise of our audience to engage in more panel discussions and interactive networking opportunities
- More personal development – Become more effective in your role as a nurse leader. Whether new to the position or a seasoned deputy, our content will focus on becoming an inspiration to your staff and driving change with your directors of nursing
- More content on staff engagement – You manage large workforces and ensuring your staff are productive and engaged in delivering the best quality care can be challenging across generations and cultural backgrounds. Our content will focus on successfully leading diverse workforces and constructively handling complaints to drive additional training opportunities for your teams.